Senior ICT Technician (Montgomery)
Academy: Montgomery Academy
Salary: Points 22 to 25 on the NJC Pay Scale currently £21,074 – £23,111
Closing date for applications: 26 April 2019, 12.30pm
Senior ICT Technician
Salary: Points 22 to 25 on the NJC Pay Scale currently £21,074 – £23,111.
Full Time (37 hours).
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Who are we?
Montgomery Academy is situated in Bispham, north Blackpool. We are proud of our reputation for securing both high quality academic achievement and providing the best possible learning opportunities and support for our students. These high standards are built upon foundations of mutual respect, collective values and the firm belief that learning counts and people really matter. The school is energetic, inclusive and continually seeking ways to improve the opportunities as well as draw the best talents, expertise and experience for students and staff alike.
Montgomery Academy is part of the Fylde Coast Academy Trust (FCAT). FCAT is a large Multi Academy Trust committed to promoting excellence in teaching, learning and leadership. We have 10 academies locally with primary, secondary and all-through including: Aspire Academy, Unity Academy, Montgomery High School, Garstang Community Academy, Hambleton Primary Academy, Westcliff Primary Academy, Blackpool Gateway Academy, Mereside Primary School and Westminster Primary Academy. Our brand new all through school Armfield Academy opened in September 2018.
We are looking to appoint a Senior ICT Technician to support the delivery of a high quality, professional and forward thinking IT service; aligned to the evolving needs of the academies and central services of the Trust.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic self-motivated IT professional with a breadth of IT experience to join our IT Support Team, you will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient support and deployment of IT related equipment and resources across the school. As part of this role you will be supported by the Trust’s Strategic Lead in IT. The successful candidate must have the desire to work with pride, ambition, respect, resilience, integrity and excellence so we can be the “best we can be!”.
We are looking for candidates whose dynamism, commitment, energy, professional expertise and experience qualify them to take on this exciting and challenging role. The successful candidate will be able to support the use of ICT within the school environment through maintenance of ICT software, hardware and related equipment, and providing support to staff and pupils to ensure administration and learning outcomes are maximised.
- Be responsible for the installation and maintenance of all computer hardware and software.
- Support teaching staff / pupils in technical aspects of ICT.
- Regular communications with pupils, teachers and other staff, normally on commonly occurring ICT issues, explaining how to use software or ICT accounts.
- Maintain network infrastructure.
- Support adherence to ICT policies, including those relating to safeguarding and internet usage and report any concerns.
- Resolve hardware and software technical issues.
- Responsible for ensuring data on the network is current and backed up as appropriate and out of date data is archived.
- Maintain comprehensive database of all support requests and allocate jobs to appropriate staff.
- Required to move and install equipment.
- Install, repair and replace ICT infrastructure including cabling, switches and switch cabinets.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to safeguarding procedures.
- Responsible for creating and managing all network accounts, ensuring correct access rights and audit as required.
- Ordering, purchase and storage of ICT equipment in accordance to financial procedures.
- Maintain and update significant IT systems.
- Conduct regular ICT Audits of all ICT Equipment using implemented procedures.
Individuals in this role may also:
- Carry out desktop publishing procedures.
- Supervise ICT support staff.
- May demonstrate own duties to new or less experience staff.
- Support ICT Networks in other Academies within the Trust
Indicative knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience in a range of ICT system and software packages.
- Knowledge / skills to current National Qualifications in ICT Level 3 and / or vendor qualifications for the specific hardware / software used or equivalent experience.
- Experience in all aspects of ICT technical support
What can we offer you?
Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days (this is inclusive of 3 days which are to be used during the Christmas break) plus 8 public bank holidays.
Annual appraisal, access to comprehensive CPD and career development opportunities.
Staff benefits including childcare vouchers, exclusive online offers and discounts updated weekly as well as health and wellbeing initiatives.
A challenging, ambitious and supportive place to work.
Please visit our websites to learn more about our Academy and Sponsor FCAT:
How to Apply
For further details, please go to the FCAT website [www.fcat.org.uk] and complete an online application form.
Should you have any questions about the position or application process, please contact Faye Burrows: email@example.com or 01253 356271.
Closing time and date for applications is 12.00pm (midday) on Friday, April 26th, 2019
Shortlisting to take place on Friday, April 26th, 2019
Assessment and Interview Day to be held on TBC
The Fylde Coast Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all. Fylde Coast Academy Trust is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners, staff and visitors. All staff will be carefully selected using recruitment and selection procedures designed to emphasise our commitment to safeguarding. All posts, including volunteers, are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.