Academy: Montgomery Academy
Salary: £18,198 - £18,933 FTE
Closing date for applications: 21 September 2020, 9.00am
Interview Date: 24 September 2020
Salary: Points 2 to 4 on the NJC Pay Scale currently £18,198 - £18,933 FTE (£9.46 - £9.84 per hour)
Contract: Permanent, 20 hours per week (3.15 – 7.15pm Monday to Friday)
Term Time plus 15 additional days
Start Date: ASAP
Who are we?
Montgomery Academy, a rapidly improving school with good leadership, determined to deliver the highest quality education.
Montgomery Academy is situated in Bispham, north Blackpool. We are proud of our reputation for securing both high quality academic achievement and providing the best possible learning opportunities and support for our students. These high standards are built upon foundations of mutual respect, collective values and the firm belief that learning counts and people really matter. The school is energetic, inclusive and continually seeking ways to improve the opportunities as well as draw the best talents, expertise and experience for students and staff alike.
The Academy’s sponsor is FCAT, the Fylde Coast Academy Trust, a growing and developing Multi Academy Trust which is committed to “promoting excellence in teaching, learning and leadership”. You would be joining the ‘family of schools’ within FCAT which will provide outstanding opportunities for future professional growth and potential promotion. Furthermore, the Academy is also part of the Fylde Coast Teaching School which delivers high quality courses on teaching and leadership as well as the opportunity for colleagues to network and share good practice to improve opportunities for young people across the region. We are determined to build upon this further and are looking to appoint like-minded professionals to join us on our journey of continuous improvement.
On Thursday, May 5th, 2016 the most recent Ofsted report was published on the Ofsted website and also the Academy website. Montgomery is no longer in Special Measures and is described by the Inspectors as ‘transformed’. Leadership and management are graded good and personal development and welfare are also graded good. Across all other areas of activity and provision Ofsted report rapid and significant improvements. It is clearly our intention to ensure that the next visit from an Ofsted Team grades the school as definitively good. So you would be joining a much improved school with a positive and forward looking agenda. We are all optimistic about the future for the school.
Purpose of the role
To undertake cleaning duties to maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the school, as directed.
- Undertake cleaning of allocated areas in line with specified standards and as directed;
- Operate / use domestic and industrial cleaning equipment and materials, following appropriate training;
- Responsible for storing allocated equipment and materials safely and securely;
- Perform duties in line with health and safety regulations (COSHH) and take action where hazards are identified, report problems with equipment and serious hazards to line manager immediately;
- Handle cleaning materials in line with COSHH regulations;
- Collect and dispose of waste;
- Refill and replace soap, towels and other consumables;
- Adhere to safeguarding procedures.
Individuals in this role may also:
- Undertake specialised cleaning programmes during school closures or other designated periods;
- Demonstrate cleaning duties to new or less experienced staff;
- Some responsibility for security of buildings.
Indicative knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of cleaning and using cleaning equipment;
- Basic Numeracy and Literacy skills.
What can we offer you?
Annual appraisal, access to comprehensive CPD and career development opportunities.
A challenging, ambitious and supportive place to work.
Please visit our websites to learn more about our Academy and FCAT:
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the FCAT website (www.fcat.org.uk)
For further details please contact:
Andy Doyle on 01253 356271 or email at email@example.com
Closing time and date for applications is 9am on 21st September 2020
Assessment and Interview Day on 24th September 2020
The Fylde Coast Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all. Fylde Coast Academy Trust is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners, staff and visitors. All staff will be carefully selected using recruitment and selection procedures designed to emphasise our commitment to safeguarding. All posts, including volunteers, are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.